The late Paul Cattermole was a renowned British singer and actor who gained immense popularity as a member of the famous pop group S Club 7 during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Besides his singing, he was also recognized for his songwriting collaborations with his former partner, Hannah Spearritt, and other members of S Club 7. Unfortunately, he passed away at the age of 46 on 6 April 2023 due to complications arising from a heart attack. Let’s take a look at some significant aspects of his life and career.
Paul Cattermole BIO/WIKI
|Paul Gerald Cattermole
|March 7, 1977
|Date of Death
|April 6, 2023
|St Albans, United Kingdom
|Father: Mr. Cattermole
Mother: Mrs. Liz Cattermole
|Hannah Spearritt (2001–2006)
|S Club 7
|5 feet 6 inches
|Marlborough School Science College
Early Life and Education
Born on 7 March 1977 in St Albans, United Kingdom, Paul Gerald Cattermole was the son of Liz Cattermole and had three siblings: Treena, Colin, and Martin. His education included attending Marlborough School Science College and studying musical theatre at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
Who are Paul Cattermole’s Parents & Siblings?
Paul Cattermole, the celebrated vocalist, hails from a family consisting of his parents and siblings. Mr. Cattermole is his father’s name, while his mother goes by Mrs. Liz Cattermole. Nonetheless, details about their names or professions are not available.
In addition to Paul, his family boasts other notable members who contribute to their tightly-knit dynamic. Treena Cattermole, his sister, and his brothers Colin Cattermole and Martin Cattermole are all significant members of the family.
Furthermore, the article mentions a certain Simon Cattermole as a member of the family. However, the article does not disclose any specific details about their family background or professions. It is essential to honor their privacy and recognize that the information available is limited.
Paul Cattermole Net Worth 2023
At the time of his passing, Paul Cattermole was estimated to have a net worth of approximately £300,000. This fortune was primarily amassed through his successful music career, both as a member of S Club 7 and through his solo projects. Additionally, he earned a portion of his income through his appearances on television shows and reality programs.
Paul Cattermole Music Career
Paul Cattermole’s music career began when he met Hannah Spearritt as a member of the National Youth Music Theatre. He also showcased his talent in musicals like Les Misérables and Miss Saigon. In 1998, Simon Fuller formed a pop group called S Club 7, which included Paul Cattermole, Hannah Spearritt, Rachel Stevens, Jo O’Meara, Bradley McIntosh, Jon Lee, and Tina Barrett. The group became widely popular and released four albums, producing chart-topping hits like “Bring It All Back,” “S Club Party,” “Reach,” “Don’t Stop Movin’,” and “Never Had a Dream Come True”.
S Club 7 had their own TV shows, including S Club 7 Go Wild!, Miami 7, L.A. 7, Hollywood 7, and Viva S Club. Some of the group’s songs, such as “Natural,” “You’re My Number One,” and “Two in a Million,” featured Paul Cattermole as the lead vocalist. Additionally, he collaborated with Hannah Spearritt, Rachel Stevens, and other members of the group to co-write some of their songs.
Back in 2002, Paul Cattermole declared his departure from S Club 7 to chase a rock music career. Along with his pals, he created Skua, and in 2004, they launched an album named Kneel. In 2006, he became part of another band called Charlie Bullitt. Unfortunately, both these endeavors fell short of achieving much triumph.
Paul Cattermole reunited with S Club 7 in 2008 for a special performance for Children in Need. He later joined the group again for a UK tour called Bring It All Back 2015 in 2014. In 2018, he made appearances on Celebrity First Dates and Celebrity MasterChef.
Paul Cattermole’s Spouse, Girlfriend, and Relationships
From 2001 to 2006, Paul Cattermole and Hannah Spearritt were a highly popular couple in the pop music scene. However, their relationship came to an end due to the demands of fame and their hectic schedules. Even after all these years, Paul admits that he was left heartbroken by their split and never truly moved on from the breakup.
In his later years, Paul Cattermole faced a number of challenges including financial difficulties and health issues. Despite his popularity, he never got married or had children. To alleviate his financial burden, he made the difficult decision to sell his Brit Awards on eBay in 2018 for a staggering £66,000. Additionally, he struggled with back problems that affected his mobility, making his life even more challenging.
The cause of death for Paul Cattermole, as stated in the coroner’s report, was natural. The report further revealed that he had several heart-related conditions, including acute myocardia ischemia, cardiac arrhythmia, intraplaque hemorrhage, and severe coronary artery atheroma. Sadly, Paul was discovered lifeless in his home in Dorset on April 6, just a few weeks after he announced his return to the pop group S Club 7. Paul was 46 years old when he passed away.
Fans and peers alike remember Paul Cattermole as a talented singer and songwriter who brought joy and energy to the pop music scene. His kindness and generosity towards others were also highly regarded. Even today, his songs with S Club 7 continue to captivate listeners from various generations.
Social Media Accounts
Facts About Paul Cattermole
- He was a singer and actor who was best known for being a member of the pop group S Club 7 from 1998 to 2002.
- He died on 6 April 2023 at the age of 46 in his home in Dorset, England. The cause of his death is unknown but there are no suspicious circumstances.
- He started his musical career at a young age, inspired by his grandfather who worked at Abbey Road Studios in London.
- Cattermole joined the National Youth Music Theatre, where he met his future S Club 7 bandmate Hannah Spearritt; they appeared together in Pendragon (1994).
- He formed a heavy metal band called Skua when he was 16, which he later rejoined after leaving S Club 7.
- He became a member of S Club 7 after a series of auditions, along with members Tina Barrett, Jon Lee, Bradley McIntosh, Jo O’Meara, Hannah Spearritt, and Rachel Stevens in 1998.
- Cattermole was part of the group’s four UK number-one singles, one UK number-one album, and two Brit Awards.
- He also starred in the group’s four TV series, which were: Miami 7, L.A. 7, Hollywood 7, and Viva S Club.
- He quit S Club 7 in 2002 to pursue a different musical direction and to express his frustration with the group’s management.
- Cattermole returned to the band in 2014 for their reunion tour and was originally due to return in 2023 for a planned second reunion tour before his death.
- Paul dated Hannah Spearritt from 2001 to 2006 and they briefly rekindled their romance in 2015.
- He had financial difficulties after leaving S Club 7 and sold some of his memorabilia on eBay in 2018.
- Cattermole was described as “a beacon of light for a generation of pop music fans” by his manager Simon Fuller and “a lovely man and a joy to work with” by his bandmates.
- What is Henry Cole’s Net Worth as a Film Producer? Know About His Bio, Family, Career & Much More
- What is Kim Mulkey’s Net Worth in 2023? Details on her Salary, Career, Husband and More
- J Prince Jr Net Worth in 2023: How Rich Is The Rap-A-Lot Records Founder Actually?