Health Insurance Companies in India

Updated: February 11, 2020 By: Wikilistia Staff

Here I am going to create a list of Health Insurance Companies in India. Please Vote and Comment your reviews.

Health Insurance Companies in India [List]
22 Items177 Views
    1. 1. Magma HDI

      Magma HDI

      Magma HDI General Insurance company is a joint venture between Magma Fincorp Limited and HDI Global SE Germany. Magma HDI offers a range of innovative retail & commercial lines of general insurance products.

      Magma HDI: Magma HDI General Insurance

      71 Clicks Read More
    2. 2. ICICI Lombard Health Insurance

      ICICI Lombard Health Insurance

      ICICI Lombard Health Insurance offers a set of comprehensive plans for both individuals and families. It is a joint venture between Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and ICICI Bank Limited. The insurance company has 10000+ hospitals in India. ICICI Lombard received the Golden Peacock Award for Business Excellence and the Claim Service Leader Award in 2016.

      ICICI Lombard Health Insurance: ICICI Lombard Insurance

      67 Clicks Read More
    3. 3. Shriram General Insurance Company

      Shriram General Insurance Company

      Shriram General Insurance Company Established in 1918. It is a joint venture between Shriram Group, holding 74% stake in the company and South Africa based Sanlam Limited, which holds the remaining 26% share. The company has a net profit of over Rs. 22 billion and assets under management of Rs. 90, 000 Crore. The company has been awarded the “Excellence in Growth Award” for two consecutive years in 2011 and 2012.

      Shriram General Insurance Company: Shriram General Insurance

      68 Clicks Read More
    4. 4. Religare Health Insurance

      Religare Health Insurance

      Religare Health Insurance company is a leading health insurance vendor & specializes in distribution of a range of health insurance products. It currently offers products in the retail segment for Health Insurance, Critical Illness, Personal Accident, Top-up Coverage, International Travel Insurance and Maternity along with Group Health Insurance and Group Personal Accident Insurance for corporates.

      Religare Health Insurance: Religare Health Insurance

      72 Clicks Read More
    5. 5. MAX Bupa Health

      MAX Bupa Health

      Max Bupa is an organization formed by a tie-up between the UK-headquartered Healthcare service expert, Bupa & max India Ltd. Max Bupa company aims to be the finest health insurance provider in India. The Company has 3500_ hospitals in India. Max Bupa, our mission is to help our customers live healthier and more successful lives by providing expertise as their healthcare partners.

      MAX Bupa Health: Max Bupa Health Insurance

      71 Clicks Read More
    6. 6. SBI General Insurance

      SBI General Insurance

      It was formed as a joint venture between the State Bank of India (SBI) and Insurance Australia Group (IAG) in 2010. SBI General Insurance headquartered in Mumbai. SBI General Insurance closed the financial year 2018-19 with a Gross Written Premium of Rs.3553 crore, registering a growth of 33% in its 9th year of operations.

      SBI General Insurance: SBI General Insurance

      69 Clicks Read More
    7. 7. Bharti AXA General Insurance Co Ltd

      Bharti AXA General Insurance Co Ltd

      It is one of the largest private general insurance companies in India. Bharti AXA General Insurance Company is a joint venture between the Bharti Enterprises and the AXA Group. The company operates in 20 countries across Africa and Asia. It was awarded the Excellence Award by the Institute of Economic Studies in March 2014.

      Bharti AXA General Insurance Co Ltd: Largest Private General Insurance Company

      69 Clicks Read More
    8. 8. Universal Sompo General Insurance

      Universal Sompo General Insurance

      It s a joint venture of Allahabad Bank, Karnataka Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Dabur Investments, and Sompo Japan Insurance. It is a general insurance company synergizing in a unique partnership. The company is headquartered in Mumbai, the financial capital of India. It offers a multitude of insurance products and their bouquet of insurance products includes health & critical illness, personal accident & disability, home, motor, and property for individuals, offices, shopkeepers’ packages, and other non-life packages for small entrepreneurs.

      Universal Sompo General Insurance: Universal Sompo General Insurance

      69 Clicks Read More
    9. 9. Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co Ltd

      Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co Ltd

      It is a joint venture between two groups, namely Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo. Chola MS General Insurance Company has a diversified product portfolio, including, accident, engineering, health, liability, marine, motor, property, travel and rural insurance for individuals and corporate. The company has 105 branches and over 9000 agents pan India.

      Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co Ltd: MS General Insurance Company

      68 Clicks Read More
    10. 10. TATA AIG

      TATA AIG

      Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIG General) comes into existence after the joint venture between Tata Group and American International Group, Inc. (AIG). Tata Group holds a 74 percent stake in the insurance venture, while AIG holds the remaining 26 percent.

      TATA AIG: Tata AIG General Insurance

      69 Clicks Read More
    11. 11. Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance

      Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance

      Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited is the first private general insurance company in India to be licensed. Company enjoys the trust of more than 5 million customers. The company offers health, motor, personal accident, home, and travel insurance to individuals. The company’s accident & health claims process has got ISO 9001-2008 certification for its high-end customer service delivery.

      Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance: Royal Sundaram General Insurance

      68 Clicks Read More
    12. 12. United India Insurance Co Ltd

      United India Insurance Co Ltd

      United India Insurance Company Limited has been offering a wide range of insurance products to cater to the insurance needs of different segments of society. The Company has its headquarters in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The Company has also played an imperative role in popularising insurance in rural areas. United India Insurance Company Limited has over 1.5 crore policyholders

      United India Insurance Co Ltd: United India Insurance

      68 Clicks Read More
    13. 13. Reliance General Insurance

      Reliance General Insurance

      Reliance General Insurance Company Limited is known as the leading general insurance company in India. is known as the leading general insurance company in India. It is India’s first insurance company to be given ISO 9001:2008 certification for offering end to end services of general insurance products on an all India basis.

      Reliance General Insurance: Reliance General Insurance

      70 Clicks Read More
    14. 14. The Oriental Insurance

      The Oriental Insurance

      The Oriental Insurance Company Limited laid its foundation stone in Mumbai on September 12, 1947. Oriental Insurance Company headquarters located in New Delhi. It has 31 regional offices and more than 1800 active branches across the country. The company has recorded the Gross Premium of Rs. 7282.54 Crore in the financial year of 2013-2014.

      The Oriental Insurance: Oriental Insurance Company

      71 Clicks Read More
    15. 15. The New India Assurance

      The New India Assurance

      The New India Assurance Company Limited is the wholly government-owned multinational general insurance company operating in 28 nations across the globe. In 2003, GIC transferred the ownership of New India Assurance to the government of India. It is one of the leading global insurance groups in the international market an existing network of 2394 offices in India.

      The New India Assurance: New India Assurance Company

      70 Clicks Read More
    16. 16. Iffco Tokio General Insurance Co Ltd

      Iffco Tokio General Insurance Co Ltd

      IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Limited laid its foundation in the year 2006. The company provides a comprehensive product bunch of all the lines of business like health insurance, two-wheeler insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, and car insurance. IFFCO-Tokio has a wide presence in rural areas and Tier 2, 3 and 4 towns, too. It is the first private insurer to establish Bima Kendras.

      Iffco Tokio General Insurance Co Ltd: IFFCO Tokio General Insurance

      69 Clicks Read More
    17. 17. National Insurance Company Limited (NICL)

      National Insurance Company Limited (NICL)

      It was incorporated in Kolkata, West Bengal on December 5, 1906. (NICL) India\'s one of the largest and oldest general insurance company which provides tailor-made and comprehensive insurance plans. The Company has 6000+ hospitals in India. National Insurance has offices all over India and a foreign office in Nepal. The Company has offers a wide range of insurance services to its customers with around 300 products.

      National Insurance Company Limited (NICL): National Insurance Company (NICL)

      71 Clicks Read More
    18. 18. ManipalCigna Health Insurance

      ManipalCigna Health Insurance

      It is a joint venture between the Manipal Group, a leader in the field of healthcare delivery and higher education in India and Cigna Corporation. A global health services company with a presence in 30+ countries and serving 160 million+ customers around the world. The various kinds of Health Insurance Products offered by ManipalCigna Health Insurance company. The company has 4000_ hospitals in India.

      ManipalCigna Health Insurance: A Global Health Services Company

      71 Clicks Read More
    19. 19. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance

      Bajaj Allianz General Insurance

      It is the joint venture of Bajaj Finserv Limited (recently demerged from Bajaj Auto Limited). Bajaj Finserv Limited holds 74% and the remaining 26% is held by Allianz SE. The company offers technical excellence in all the insurance sectors including General Insurance, Risk Management, and Health Insurance.

      Bajaj Allianz General Insurance: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance

      70 Clicks Read More
    20. 20. Future Generali India

      Future Generali India

      It is a joint venture between India’s leading retailer Future Group and Italy based insurance major Generali. The company was incorporated in 2006. It is one of the world’s largest companies according to Fortune Global 500. The company has more than 15 lakh happy customers and claims to settle 2.1 lakh claims every year. The insurance company provides cashless treatment in more than 5,100 network hospitals.

      Future Generali India: Future Generali India Insurance

      72 Clicks Read More